Looking for some family night ideas this month? Why not make it a family night out and explore Indy?! We’ve put together a list to help make planning a little easier for you. Check out our calendar for even more events around the greater Indianapolis area too. Share photos from your family night out on social media with the hashtag #PLAYindy
1. Kick off December “ice skating” in your socks and going down the Yule Slide at the Indianapolis Children’s Museum Jolly Days Winter Wonderland for FREE during their Target Free Family Night on December 1st. – FREE
3. Bundle up for Fisher’s Frost Fest taking place on December 2nd. There will be an ice carving demonstration, live music, Frosty’s Fun Zone for little ones, and more! – FREE
4. Register for the FREE Luminary Walk at Carmel’s Central Park taking place on December 3rd. Enjoy a beautiful nature walk while listening to carolers topped off with hot cocoa and cookies! – FREE
5. Take part in an Indianapolis holiday tradition – Christmas at the Zoo! Be sure to vote to help our zoo be number one this year on USA Today’s 10 Best Zoo Lights. – INCLUDED with Regular Admission/FREE for Members
7. Take the family on a mini road trip to Nashville, IN to ride the Nashville Express Holiday Train at the Creekside Holiday Open House on December 9th. Remember to bring a canned good donation to benefit the Brown County Backpack Program. – FREE
8. Celebrate the release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story at a Lightsaber Class offered every Thursday! May the force be strong with you and your Padawan(s).
Meg is an Ohio State alumna and likely cheers for your college team whenever they play against that state up north. She loves all things dessert-related and a good Chuck Norris joke. When she's not spending time with her husband and two kids, she's likely doing whatever she can to avoid the laundry.