Looking for some family night ideas this month? Why not make it a family night out and explore Indy?! We’ve put together a list to help make planning a little easier for you. Check out our calendar for even more events around the greater Indianapolis area too. Share photos from your family night out on social media with the hashtag #PLAYindy
1. See the latest car exhibit and a cruise-in at Indiana State Police Museum’s Cruisin’ with the Cops event on July 1st – FREE
2. Pre-register for the Firefly Night Hike at McCloud Nature Park on July 2nd – $2 per child 12 & under/$4 per adult
3. Celebrate Independence Day watching fireworks at one of several locations listed in our Spectacular Indiana Fireworks Guide.
4. Experience a balloon glow at Lights Over Morse Lake on July 3rd – FREE
5. Check out the fun programs offered at your local library. There are so many to choose from this month including Lowe’s Build-it Workshop in Avon, Star Wars – The Force Awakens Movie Night in Greenwood, Sensory Movie Night in Noblesville, Puppies and Popcorn in Fishers, Garden Summer Series: Jazz Concert at Indianapolis Central Library, and Family Trivia Night in Carmel – FREE
6. Enjoy Target Free Family Night at the Children’s Museum on July 7th – FREE
7. Attend Martinsville’s Artie Fest – a family-friendly festival with something for everyone, running July 8th -10th – FREE
8. Head over to Garfield Park Arts Center for Pick’n Play Tuesdays on July 12th – FREE
9. Go on a scavenger hunt at Indy Reads Books annual Scavenge the Ave event on July 20th – $20 per adult/FREE for kids 10 & under!
10. Admire artwork at the 5th Annual Reflected Light Art Exhibition on July 22nd – FREE
11. Create your own artwork at Avon Art in the Park on July 30th – FREE
12. Explore a sparkling wonderland at Faeries, Sprites, and Lights at Minnetrista running from July 28th -30th – $8 per person