We put on our winter coats and stepped out into the wild during the holiday season at the Indianapolis Zoo! It was beautiful, it was magical and the kids had a great time! It’s not every night that you get to race around the zoo, checking out the animals, seeing reindeer, visiting with Santa and taking in the beautiful lights! Party with the seals and sea lions, polar bear, walrus, tigers, red panda, brown bears and more! Check out the dolphin show and visit Oceans, warm up with some cocoa at the bonfires!
Christmas at the Zoo is free for Zoo members and included with regular Zoo admission. Discount tickets are available at participating Donatos and Teachers Credit Union locations. Or you can save on admission by purchasing advance tickets. Open 5-9pm Wednesday-Sunday Nov. 29 – Dec 29, plus Dec. 23 & 30 Closed Christmas Day
Stop By to See Santa
● Santa’s Workshop presented by Chick-fil-A features free visits with Santa (great photo packages available*)
● Cookie decorating* with Mrs. Claus in Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen
● Letters to Santa
• Tropical Scavenger Hunt
● Holiday-themed Dolphin Shows
● Additional animal keeper chats and shows
Carolers (before Christmas)
● Performances by local school choirs (at Café on the Commons)
● Traditional carolers singing around the back campfire. TIP: Come ready to request your favorite holiday songs!
Find the Mistletoe
● Be on the lookout for up to 10 mistletoes and register to win one of two Dolphin In-Water Adventures. TIP: Not all mistletoes need to be found in order to register.
Delicious Christmas Treats*
● Santa’s Sweet Shop near Encounters offers gourmet rice crispy treats, freshly baked cinnamon rolls and cookies, as well as homemade fudge and brownies.
● Santa’s First Stop on the main path near the Entry Plaza.
● Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen in White River Gardens
● Zoo fare served at Café on the Commons
TIP: On a chilly night, a “Cup of Cheer” can be worth its weight in gold. Get free refills on hot beverages all night long at any food service location!
Memorable Holiday Photo Ops*
● Front Gate as you enter
● Santa in Santa’s Toy Shop at White River Gardens
● Sleigh in Oceans
• Mitten Donation Tree for St. Mary’s
TIP: Think you’re too old for a photo with Santa? The sleigh in Oceans is a great photo op for adults and groups!
● Holiday Train Ride presented by Marathon
● 4-D Theater presented by Yellow Pages (YP)
TIP: Coming back next year? Ticket packages are valid for a full year, so you can use a few now and save a few for later!
Shop the Indianapolis Zoo Gift Shop for amazing animal-themed holiday decorations and the perfect gifts for everyone on your shopping list. Find apparel, home décor, plush animals, books, games and more!
* Requires additional charge.