This series is brought to you by The Clean Bedroom: Organic Mattresses, Bedding, and More. Sleep healthy. Sleep better. Stay well.
About The Clean Bedroom:
The Clean Bedroom is an independent retailer of the finest organic mattresses and bedding in the world. Founded in November 2004, The Clean Bedroom is now the premier online resource for organic bedding products and reliable industry information. With their flagship store in New York City, Indianapolis is lucky to have been chosen as the location for their second retail space. You can visit the store at 1760 E. 86th Street in Indianapolis (across from North Central H.S.)
The Clean Bedroom Focus:
The focus of The Clean Bedroom is to help people make informed purchase decisions as they create a sustainable, green bedroom. The stores carry only the best brands, including Coyuchi and Royal-Pedic, Savvy Rest, NaturPedic, Obasan, Reverie, Leggett & Platt, and Sleeptek. Each brand has been researched by The Clean Bedroom, in most cases by visiting their factories to inspect materials and production quality. All of the brands they have chosen to carry meet standards for quality craftsmanship, reliable ship times, and being customer focused. The Clean Bedroom blog offers product reviews, links to industry research, sleeping tips, and more.
The Clean Bedroom Promise:
You will find no “green washing” or marketing hype at The Clean Bedroom. Your organic mattress and bedding will be made with materials that come directly from nature, not a chemical plant. Most mattresses and beds come with a 20 year warranty. They make protecting your investment easy by ensuring that you will sleep easy (and healthy) for 20+ years each time you invest in a mattress or bed from The Clean Bedroom.
10 Reasons You Need an Organic Mattress:
- 1. Standard industry mattresses are made from man-made materials, most of them petrochemical-based.
- 2. Petrochemical based means the materials are derived from one of the world’s most valuable resources: oil.
- 3. Oil is not a renewable resource.
- 4. Oil is highly flammable.
- 5. Oil contains toxins. Remember seeing cleanup workers wearing suits and gas masks after the Gulf oil spill? They were protecting themselves against toxins emitted from oil.
- 6. Petrochemical based materials have never been tested for the long-term health effects they may have on humans.
- 7. If you sleep on a foam mattress, you’re spending a third of your life sleeping on oil. If the salesperson says it’s natural because it comes from the ground, remember the cleanup crew in the Gulf.
- 8. All mattresses sold in the U.S. have to meet the U.S. Fire Code burn test. Mattresses need to be treated so they don’t ignite in a fire, which is a good thing. However, the chemicals used to treat mattresses so they are flame proof are highly suspect. No long-term studies have been done to see what effects these chemical treatments may have on humans. Information stating they are safe is provided by the mattress industry, backed up by a vague statement from the FDA. You decide.
- 9. Our skin absorbs toxins, our lungs breathe in the airborne vapors. Do you really want to trust the mattress industry to tell you it’s safe to sleep on their materials?
- 10. Organic mattresses are made with materials found in nature, resources that encourage sustainable farming throughout the world such as cotton grown without pesticides and wool from sheep raised on organic farms.