The Doc McStuffins exhibit at the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is now open! Fans of the Doc will love the McStuffins Toy Hospital in McStuffinsville.
– Play in the nursery area caring for baby dolls
– Preform surgery on a toy robot in the operating room
– Give a horse a check up in the exam room
– Xray a dinosaur or teddy bear in the care area
– Learn about veterinary care or healthcare in an interactive classroom
– Watch your favorite episodes in the theater
This highly interactive exhibit offers an English and Spanish bilingual experience, which will transport kids and families from the Doc’s backyard clinic to the all new Mcstuffins Toy Hospital. Doc McStuffins: The Exhibit allows families to play together and helps teach healthy habits, compassion and nurturing care. Most importantly, it demystifies the healthcare and doctor visit experience for children.
Boys and girls will love all the fabulous offerings at the Doc McStuffins exhibit. Don’t take my word for it…head on over and check it out with your family! The exhibit will not disappoint anyone with so many opportunities to use your imagination and roll play!
If you plan to bring your family to the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis for the ribbon cutting of the Doc McStuffins exhibit on Saturday, August 6th, you will want to arrive early in order to get a good parking spot, and definitely check out the schedule for the special story time with Laya DeLeon Hayes, who is the voice of Disney’s Doc McStuffins.
Especially for Opening Day, Doc McStuffins will visit The Children’s Museum with appearances throughout the day as we celebrate the opening of the first-ever exhibit dedicated to her!
- 10 a.m.—Join us for a ribbon cutting with Doc McStuffins herself, as well as Disney Junior VIPs including the show’s creator, Chris Nee!
- 10 a.m.–3 p.m.—Take part in the healthy-heart activity Get Active! on Level 2, or learn about keeping germs away in What’s Bugging You? on Level 1.
- 10 a.m.–5 p.m.—Get your photo taken next to the Doc Mobile, located in the museum plaza outside of the Welcome Center.
- 11 a.m.–4 p.m.—Take part in a special Doc McStuffins appearance!
Free, timed tickets are required. Tickets available on a first-come, first-served basis in the Sunburst Atrium. Tickets for the 11 a.m., noon, and 1 p.m. appearances are available beginning at 10:15 a.m. Tickets for the 2, 3, and 4 p.m. appearances are available beginning at 12:15 p.m.
- 12:30 and 2:30 p.m.: Take part in a book reading with our special guest, the voice of Doc McStuffins, Laya DeLeon Hayes.
- 1 and 3 p.m.—Preview the new Doc McStuffins animated series, Doc McStuffins Toy Hospital, in Lilly Theater (45 minutes).
Free, timed tickets are required. Tickets available on a first-come, first-served basis at the Lower Level Ticket Booth.
- PLUS! Use the special Doc McStuffins snapchat geofilter, available Opening Weekend only.
Special activities are for Opening Day only.
Doc McStuffins: The Exhibit runs Aug. 6, 2016 through January 2017.
It is important to note that Riley Children’s Hospital at Indiana University Health, the state’s only comprehensive pediatric health system, has partnered with The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis to provide an opportunity for children to become comfortable in a healthcare setting. “It is a heavy order to convince children that going to see the doctor is not scary, but it can be done through educational and interactive experiences, which help them understand that what we do is help keep people healthy” said Dr. Paul Haut, Chief Medical Officer of Riley Children’s Hospital. It is Riley Children’s Hospital’s hope that this exhibit will put children’s minds at ease, while supporting the hospital’s mission to keep all Hoosier children healthy.
“Doc McStuffins serves as a great role model to children and adults, encouraging them to explore the importance of taking care of their own bodies as well as caring for others. Through imaginative play, we hope our visitors will learn more about health, science, and medicine and discover that children can be anything they want to be when they grow up“ said Dr. Jeffrey H. Patchen, President and CEO, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. It is the mission of the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis To create extraordinary learning experiences across the arts, sciences and humanities that have the power to transform the lives of children and families.
When you check out the Doc McStuffins exhibit with your family, please share your experiences on social media with Indy with Kids using the hashtag #PLAYindy. Follow Indy with Kids on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and don’t forget to use the Indy with Kids Mobile App for up to date information on all the wonderful local happenings for your family!