Date(s) - 11/17/2018
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Fishers High School
Early Childhood/Preschool/Child Care directors, teachers, and providers and family members of children ages 3- to 5-years-old are invited to come together for a day focused on mental health and behavior supports for young children. This conference will provide information on:
• Whole-child development;
• Adverse childhood experiences and the impact on development;
• Improving self-regulation skills in children;
• How to deepen relationships with children; and
• Preventing and managing difficult behaviors at home and at school.
Keynote addresses will be given by Dr. Jessica Beer, Co-Founder and Owner of the Urban Chalkboard, and Dr. Lori Desautels, nationally-recognized expert on trauma and neuroscience.
Break-out sessions will be led by:
• Dr. Terri Miller, Assistant Director of the HBM Cooperative;
• Christy Gauss, School Mental Health Facilitator, Indiana School Mental Health Initiative;
• Brooke Lawson, Mental Health Coordinator, HSE Schools;
• Dr. Mandy Rispoli, Associate Professor at Purdue University;
• Leslie Brown, Autism Specialist, HSE Schools; and
• Laura Rinderkinecht, Intervention Specialist, HSE Schools.
During breaks, you will be able to visit tables from mental health, community and early childhood organizations in the vendor area.
Registration and tickets are available at Eventbrite. The cost is $10. Please register online by November 9. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bright-beginnings-supporting-early-childhood-mental-health-tickets-48454623082.
Please enter at Door 19. Doors will open at 8:40 a.m. Please note, this conference is for adults only.
Please contact Dr. Kelli Servizzi, HSE Preschool Coordinator, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/ecmentalhealthconf.
Follow us on Twitter @conf_ec.
We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers, but please confirm dates, times, and availability before attending an event. Events are posted on IWK from information found on, but not limited to, attraction sites, government city sites; as well as submissions from individual attractions, press releases and PR firms. All events are subject to change without notice and Indy with Kids cannot be held responsible.