Date(s) - 12/02/2023
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Damar Health Servicexs
Categories No Categories
Community invited to Damar’s Sensory Snow Day on Dec. 2
Damar Services is hosting a free Sensory Snow Day sponsored by Apex Benefits on Dec. 2 so all families can experience the joy of the season in a sensory-friendly environment.
The event includes story time and a photo opportunity with a Snow Princess, snow-themed crafts, games and sweet treats. This year, Sensory Snow Day takes place from 9 a.m. to noon at the Damar Health Services Clinic, which recently opened and is open to all.
Damar was founded by parents who wanted a better life for their children with disabilities. Over the last 55 years, their vision has been realized with thousands of people with disabilities, and their families, receiving service and support through Damar.
“We want all families to feel welcomed and comfortable enjoying Sensory Snow Day together,” said Jenny Peters-Reece, chief strategy officer with Damar Services.
Without loud noises, bright flashing lights and other components that could be upsetting, Damar’s Sensory Snow Day allows individuals with sensory sensitivities and their families to kick off the holiday season with a wide range of festivities that are attuned to their comfort zones.
Sensory Snow Day Activities
- Story time with a Snow Princess – A snow princess will tell a short story and afterward stick around for pictures and a meet and greet! Kids are welcome to move around and enjoy their treats while listening to the story. Storytime will start at 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., and 11:30 a.m.
- Sweet Treats – Complimentary “snowball” donut holes and milk. Coffee will also be available for adults.
- Make and Take Crafts – The Damar ABA Autism Services team will lead families in making an ornament or snow globe sensory bottle craft to take home.
- Snow Themed Games – Games and activities intended for a variety of motor skill ability levels.
- Calm-Down Zone – A calm-down zone with sensory toys and soft seating will be available for those who want it.
WHAT: Sensory Snow Day sponsored by Apex Benefits
WHEN: Dec. 2, 9 a.m. to noon
WHERE: Damar Health Services, 5715 Decatur Blvd. in the Ameriplex office park, Indianapolis, IN 46241
We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers, but please confirm dates, times, and availability before attending an event. Events are posted on IWK from information found on, but not limited to, attraction sites, government city sites; as well as submissions from individual attractions, press releases and PR firms. All events are subject to change without notice and Indy with Kids cannot be held responsible.