Date(s) - 07/16/2019
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Lucas Oil Stadium
Categories No Categories
GetGo Café + Market is teaming up with Gleaners Food bank to find 3,000 volunteers from Indianapolis to help set a new world record for most people making sandwiches simultaneously. This free event will take place at Lucas Oil Stadium, the home of the Indianapolis Colts, and will benefit Gleaners Food Bank. All sandwiches made on site will be donated to Gleaners Food Bank.
Join in on Tuesday, July 16th, 2019, at 12:30 p.m.
Participation in the world-record attempt can count toward service hours. Doors will open to volunteers at 12:30 pm. and they should expect to be on-site for about an hour and a half. The event concludes at approximately 2:30 pm. The event is open to all ages, only those 16 and up can handle food product and all children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
The event will feature:
- Free parking for all volunteers
- The opportunity to take part in a Guinness World Record Event on the field at Lucas Oil Stadium
- All of the materials needed for volunteers to make a sandwich to be donated to Gleaners Food Bank
- The opportunity to have fun while earning credit toward community service
- Appearances by Indianapolis Colts Cheerleaders and Blue the Mascot
- Opportunity for photos with the Lombardi Trophy
- Colts in Motion traveling museum exhibit on site
- Free commemorative t-shirt for all volunteers
- The opportunity to win other great prizes and GetGo Gift Cards
- Live music and games for the whole family
We do our best to provide the most relevant and timely information to our readers, but please confirm dates, times, and availability before attending an event. Events are posted on IWK from information found on, but not limited to, attraction sites, government city sites; as well as submissions from individual attractions, press releases and PR firms. All events are subject to change without notice and Indy with Kids cannot be held responsible.