These tips are part of series sponsored by KFC and the new $10 Share Bucket.
1. Bring all of your best friends with you. While you’re waiting for the show to start, you’ll have a lot of fun chatting, playing and laughing.
2. Bring something to sit on. Blankets are a yes, chairs are usually a yes but you may have to set up your picnic in the back so people can see. Check the rules before you go and be flexible.
3. Bring delicious food and drinks. My go to is the $10 Chicken Share bucket from KFC. My family loves the nine Extra Crispy Chicken Tenders and a second Chicken Share bucket with six pieces of Kentucky Grilled Chicken. KFC spends 25 minutes on each batch of chicken and a cook hand breads and freshly prepares each batch all day, every day. PLUS, our local restaurant has a drive thru! I don’t even have to unload all of my children.
4. Bring along disposable tableware so you don’t have to carry dishes AND tired children back to the car at the end of the evening.
5. Pick up some scrumptious homestyle sides to go along with your chicken or recruit friends to bring side dishes and snacks. For picnics, we pack the green beans, buttermilk biscuits and potato wedges.
6. Bring along sunblock and insect repellent. Pack a flashlight for dark treks back to the car after the show.
7. Have a treat waiting in the car for your return. It’s great motivation to get the kids moving and back to the car quickly.