If you have young children like I do, this branch has the winning feature of being on the ground floor. No stairs, no elevators, no 15 minute hassle just to Get. In. the. Door.
Once inside my kids always head straight to the beautiful ship mural which covers a giant wall and houses a fish tank filled with exotic sea life. The children’s area has puzzles and puppets, magnetic letters and a wonderful activity wall which is great for the younger set. The library is currently undergoing some construction but the bank of children’s computers will be making a come-back soon
The benches in front of the picture book section make a great reading spot for kids. The College Ave. branch is also popular for it’s rich programming, including the always-packed, Music Circle (get there early, it DOES fill up!), art workshops, and story time.
My favorite thing about this particular library branch is that you can truly make a day of it. (Because, what do they say – it take a village to entertain three kids, or something like that?!) Across the street is A Taste of Philly/Pat’s Philly Pretzels, a tiny and delicious soft pretzel bakery. A bag of their pretzel nuggets is a great snack to share with the kids (and it’s handy in case you aren’t the Pinterest lunch-packing type.)
On a nice day, take your pretzels to go and stroll west one block on 42nd St. to the St. Joan of Arc community garden. Children can play and the parents can enjoy the peaceful surroundings. A frequent visitor can’t help but dream about what neighborhood gem might someday be housed across the street in the old Kaleidoscope building…
4180 N. College Ave.
- Indy Breastfeeding USA Morning Support Group Meeting - 13 Jul 2018 - 10:15
- Indy Breastfeeding USA Morning Support Group Meeting - 10 Aug 2018 - 10:15
- Indy Breastfeeding USA Morning Support Group Meeting - 14 Sep 2018 - 10:15
- Indy Breastfeeding USA Morning Support Group Meeting - 13 Oct 2018 - 10:15
- Indy Breastfeeding USA Morning Support Group Meeting - 9 Nov 2018 - 10:15
- Indy Breastfeeding USA Morning Support Group Meeting - 15 Dec 2018 - 10:15