We were so excited to visit the new holiday American Girl store this morning prior to this weekend’s big grand opening celebration!
Here are a few things you need to know if you’re planning to attend the Grand Opening Celebration:
- The American Girl store is located in Castleton Square Mall near the center of the mall, across from The Gap
- The Grand Opening Celebration is October 24th and 25th
- Hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday
- Tickets will be handed out beginning at 9 a.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. on Sunday, with the store opening an hour later each day.
- Tickets will display your shopping group, which will be posted outside of the store. Missed your shopping group because you were doing one of the center mall crafts or activities? Not a problem! You can shop during your shopping group or in any group afterwards.
- You will have the opportunity to enter a drawing for this year’s Girl of the Year, Grace from Boston! Winners will be announced following the store closing on Sunday.
Some things to note about the store:
- This location is a “pop-up” store and doesn’t have all of the features or merchandise than the larger American Girl stores have, although catalog orders can be placed in store for items that aren’t in stock at the Indy location.
- There is a doll hair salon! Give your doll the complete “spa experience” by choosing one of 8 hairstyles, ear piercing, add on accessories or hair extensions, and even hearing aid placement.
- The American Girl store will be open during regular mall hours only and will not participate in extended mall hours (so plan your Black Friday shopping accordingly!)
Be sure to check out:
- Maryellen, the newest Beforever doll in the series!
- Grace, the Girl of the Year, before she retires on December 31st!! (Stay tuned in January for the release of the 2016 Girl of the Year!)
- The Truly Me series for an American Girl doll that looks like your child.
- The new real girl accessory line with purses, scarves, hats, gloves, necklaces and more for your daughter!
- The new holiday dresses (a red and a cream) and Christmas ornaments. If you really love the holiday dresses, order your daughter a matching one to go with it! (Can be done in-store)
- The Bitty Babies for your littlest American Girl (or boy!)