Ice skating is a favorite Olympic sport to watch, so why not try it?! The Winter Club of Indianapolis is back on the ice at the Pop Weaver Youth Pavilion at the Indiana State Fairgrounds and you’re invited to be a part of it!
| Enroll Now |
Ice Skating Lessons in Indy
Learn to Skate is a series of classes that meets once a week, for 5 weeks. Choose classes on Sundays or Thursdays (see below for details.) The cost per skater is $125.
Each class includes:
- 30 minutes of group instruction, plus 30 minutes of practice (Thursday) or 1 hour (Sunday) of practice time.
- Skate rental during Learn to Skate classes.
- Free parking at Indiana State Fairgrounds during lesson time.
- Holiday recital included in session II lessons- November-December.
- Unlimited access to Public Skating sessions at the Pop Weaver Youth Pavilion and the Fuel Tank at Fishers while enrolled in LTS- includes free skate rental!
Ice skating is for everyone and the Winter Club of Indianapolis provides instruction for children aged three years of age through senior adults! Classes are broken into groups by age and ability. Learn basic and advanced skills, there’s even a theatrical team skating skills class!
LEARN TO SKATE group lessons begin in November.
| Enroll Now |
Class dates are November 3, 10, 17, December 1, 8, 15 from 5:30-6:30 pm.
- Snowplow Sam (ages 3-5) | 5:30-6 pm lessons, 6-6:30 pm practice
- Basic 1, 2, 3 (beginners ages 6-14) | 5:30-6 pm lessons, 6-6:30 pm practice
- Basic 4, 5, 6; Pre-Free Skate, Free Skate 1-6; and Adult 1-6 (ages 15+) | 5:30-6 pm practice, 6-6:30 pm lessons
Class dates are November 6, 13, 20, 27, December 4, 11 from 4:30-6 pm.
- Snowplow Sam (ages 3-5) | 4:30-5 pm lessons, 5-6 pm practice
- Basic 1, 2, 3 (beginners ages 6-14) | 4:30-5 pm lessons, 5-6 pm practice
- Basic 4, 5, 6; Pre Free Skate -Free Skate 1-6; and Adult 1-6 (ages 15+) | 5-5:30 pm lessons, practice 4:30-5 pm and 5:30-6 pm
- Team Time: Learn theatrical team skating skills (Basic 6-Intermediate, ages 7-17) | 4:30-5:30 pm practice, 5:30-6 pm group lesson.
Learn to Skate at Holliday Park
There’s a new outdoor ice rink at Holliday Park in Indianapolis this winter. The Winter Club will offer a set of classes that meets once a week, for 3 weeks. Register for a set day and time; Monday, Tuesday or Saturday (see below for details.) The cost per skater is $75. Each class includes:
30 minutes of group instruction, plus 30 minutes of practice
Complimentary skate rental during Learn to Skate classes
Complimentary ticket to our December 18, Holiday Recital at Pop Weaver Youth Pavilion.
Mondays- 6-7 p.m. November 28, December 5 and 12. Beginner skaters. Youth ages 6-14 group lesson 6:630 and practice 6:30-7 p.m. Teens/Adults practice 6-6:30 and lesson 6:30-7 p.m.
Tuesdays- 9:30-10:30 a.m. November 29, December 6, 13- Adult and Tot classes- Adult caregivers and youth 3-6 will learn how to skate together in this fun interactive class.
Tuesdays – 10:30-11:30 a.m. November 29, December 6, 13- Coffee Club- Adult skaters of all levels are welcome. We’ll skate, learn and enjoy some hot coffee and social time. Very social and relaxed.
Saturdays- 10-11 a.m. November 26, December 3, 10 . Beginner skaters. Youth ages 6-14 group lesson 10-10:30 a.m. and practice 10:30-11 a.m. Teens/Adults practice 10-10:30 a.m. and lesson 10:30-11 a.m.
Skaters will be notified of weather-impacted cancellations. Dress in light layers for the weather.
Additional classes will be offered beginning in January.
Try Ice Skating for Free!
(This annual event has already taken place for 2022. Stay tuned for 2023) Learn more about the upcoming Learn to Skate lessons and Winter Club of Indianapolis on Sunday, September 25, 2022, from 1-3 pm at the Pop Weaver Youth Pavilion. During this event you’ll learn ice skating basics, view performances from our competitive skaters, meet the coaches, and try ice skating! Ice skates will be available for rent at Pop Weaver pavilion for $3. Please pre-register for this event!
**Masks REQUIRED for all unvaccinated persons, strongly encouraged for everyone else**