The Lawrence Branch Library is located on the Northeast side of Indianapolis (7898 N. Hague Road, 317-275- 4460) and is part of the Indianapolis Public Library system. We have been coming to this branch location since my son Tommy was 2 years old. Now as a 7 year old, we still enjoy visiting about once a week along with his sister Lily, who is 4 years old.
We come to the library to check out books, CDs and DVDs, of course, but we also come to visit the play area. Tommy will sometimes play on the computers or sit at one of the tables and read. Lily will often play with the puzzles, dollhouse or at the computer stations. At the tables there are also different coloring pages and crayons. During the time the kids play or read, I’m comfortable walking around the entire children’s book section to collect books to read during the week. The staff has always been very helpful in finding books for my son’s school needs or for his own specific interests.
In addition to the play area, the Lawrence Branch has plenty of other programs and events on the calendar such as Toddler and Preschool Story time as well as regular LEGO land events. We also look forward to the yearly Summer Reading Program at the library. For more general information check out: http://www.indypl.org/
7898 N. Hague Road
- Homeschool Explorers at Lawrence Library - 15 Oct 2019 - 13:30
- Finger Knitting Scarf Class for Kids | Indianapolis Public Libraries - 23 Oct 2019 - 18:00
- Homeschool Explorers at Lawrence Library - 29 Oct 2019 - 13:30
- Homeschool Explorers at Lawrence Library - 12 Nov 2019 - 13:30
- Nutcracker Story Time - 22 Nov 2019 - 10:30
- Homeschool Explorers at Lawrence Library - 26 Nov 2019 - 13:30
- Homeschool Explorers at Lawrence Library - 10 Dec 2019 - 13:30