After hearing so many great things about Tuttle Orchards from Indy with Kids readers, I knew we had to take our children to this Indianapolis area pumpkin patch and apple orchard.
U-pick apples are available August through mid-October. We’ve enjoyed visiting the apple orchard as a family and we’ve enjoyed a few preschool and school aged field trips there.
Tuttle Orchards also has one of my favorite fall scenes, perfect for photos — A SUNFLOWER patch that will be available for exploring through mid August!
The Pumpkin patch begins at the end of September and runs through October. Tuttle Orchards does not charge admission to enter their u-pick area but they do charge for some activities, including the hay ride, children’s play area and corn maze. For $5, you can give the educational corn maze a try. An additional $5 will allow your children access to the farm play area which includes a hay bale maze, a play ground, corn stalk huts and more! The hayride is $4 and runs weekdays 12-6:30pm and Saturdays 9:30am-6pm. Purchase a combo pass for the play area, maze and hayride for only $9. Cut your own sunflowers for $1.00 each while they are available.
There is a pumpkin patch of small pumpkins very close to the parking lot AND they provide wagons to tow your child and/or your pumpkins around PRO TIP: On Saturday, the wagons are hard to come by — bring your own if you can. The prices for pumpkins were based on diameter and I found them to be very affordable.
On Saturdays you’ll be able to purchase food at the Food Stand. All week long you can enjoy seeing the farm animals. Lulu was very amused by the bees making honey in their hive. Make sure you check that out near the farm store…which is also a MUST visit and peruse the many events hosted at the farm.
While Tuttle Orchard is not open on Sundays, it is open Monday thru Saturday 9am-7pm, those weekday hours make it a great location for play groups and families with busy weekend schedules.
5717 North 300 West
- Spring Greenhouse Homeschool Classes | Tuttle Orchard - 13 Mar 2019 - 00:00
- Spring Greenhouse Homeschool Classes | Tuttle Orchard - 18 Mar 2019 - 00:00
- Spring Break Fun in the Greenhouse | Tuttles Orchard - 20 Mar 2019 - 11:30
- Science on the Farm: Preschool Playdates at Tuttle Orchard - 22 Mar 2019 - 10:00
- Science on the Farm: Preschool Playdates at Tuttle Orchard - 27 Mar 2019 - 10:00
- Science on the Farm: Preschool Playdates at Tuttle Orchard - 4 Apr 2019 - 10:00
- Spring Break Fun in the Greenhouse | Tuttles Orchard - 4 Apr 2019 - 11:30
- Spring Greenhouse Homeschool Classes | Tuttle Orchard - 10 Apr 2019 - 10:00
- Spring Greenhouse Homeschool Classes | Tuttle Orchard - 8 May 2019 - 10:00
- Spring Greenhouse Homeschool Classes | Tuttle Orchard - 9 May 2019 - 10:00