One favorite summer tradition of Indianapolis residents is to pack up a picnic dinner and enjoy a summer movie at The Amphitheater at Newfields (Indianapolis Museum of Art or IMA). Tickets sell out quickly so be sure to mark your calendar with your favorite selection of movies and snatch up your tickets as soon as they’re available. Tickets are $9 for members and $12 for non-members. Children need tickets too, a free ticket is available for children age 5 & under. Tickets for reserved sections are $60 for members and $78 for the general public and include six tickets for admission.
| Buy tickets |
2022 Summer Nights Movie Lineup at Newfields
All movies begin when “twilight turns to night” which in the past has been around 9:30 pm. Doors open at 7 pm so you can get a good seat, enjoy a picnic dinner, music, and activities.
- Friday, June 3 | The Philadelphia Story (1940, 112 minutes, Not Rated)
- Friday, June 10 | Call Me by Your Name (2017, 132 minutes, rated R) OR But I’m a Cheerleader (1999, 75 minutes, rated R)
- Friday, June 17 | Brewster’s Millions (1982, 97 minutes, rated PG)
- Friday, June 24 | Friday the 13th Part III (1982, 95 minutes, rated R) presented with Indy Film Festival
- Friday, July 8 | To Sir, With Love (1967, 100 minutes, Not Rated)
- Friday, July 15 | Ever After: A Cinderella Story (1998, 121 minutes, rated PG-13)
- Friday, July 22 | Indy Shorts International Film Festival (Oscar® Shorts)
- Saturday, July 23 | Indy Shorts International Film Festival (Award Winners)
- Friday, July 29 | Cruella (2021, 134 minutes, rated PG-13)
- Friday, August 5 | Gaslight (1944, 114 minutes, rated Not Rated)
- Saturday, August 6 | Encanto (2021, 99 minutes, rated PG)
- Friday, August 12 | Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958, 108 minutes, Not Rated)
- Friday, August 19 | Chungking Express (1994, 102 minutes, rated PG-13)*
- Saturday, August 20 | Guardians of the Galaxy (2014, 121 minutes, rated PG-13)
- Friday, August 26 | Chocolat (2000, 121 minutes, rated PG-13)
Buy Tickets for Newfields Summer Nights
Tickets sell out so quickly, I’m guessing that Newfields members will get the bulk of them, but save the date nonetheless: ticket sales open at 10 a.m. on April 16th for members only. On April 30th, grab your phone, tickets go on sale for everyone else at 10 am.
What to Bring to Summer Nights at Newfields
Pack a yummy picnic but leave the alcoholic beverages at home. Or, purchase concessions at the event. Bring a chair if you’d like to sit in the back row of each tier or bring along blankets to spread out. Blankets are recommended for all in case chair seating areas are full. Bug spray is a MUST and most evenings you’ll also need sunscreen if you arrive when the doors open.