On Dec. 19 at 10:00 am, before the restaurant opens to the public, Campbell’s Highland Grille will be hosting a sensory friendly brunch with cookie decorating, to help support The Autism Community Connection.
The music will be turned low, the TV’s will be tuned to calming programming and allergy friendly cookies will be available upon request. Cookie decorating kids will also be available to purchase for those who are unable to attend. To learn more, visit the Campbell’s registration page.
A portion of the proceeds will help support The Autism Community Connection, a local non-profit that serves individuals with autism and their families, in and around the Johnson County area, by connecting them with community resources, social events, and enriching programs to help navigate their autism journey.
Campbell’s Highland Grille is located on the south side of Indianapolis at 1001 N State Rd 135, Greenwood. In addition to providing a fun, family friendly dining atmosphere, Campbell’s offers seasonal events and activities such as a Wizard Brunch and Holiday Brunch. Kids eat free at Campbell’s Highland Grille every Tuesday.
What to expect:
- Ticket price is based on a suggested donation and includes an outdoor visit with Santa and one of his reindeers from the northpole, cookie decorating and other themed activities and goodies. Bring your cameras and plan to take plenty of shots!
- Your experience can be in the restaurant or drive-through, where you will pick up your cookies (and any menu orders) to go and visit with Santa outside or from your car.
- Cookie kits are available in gluten, dairy and soy free, as well as traditional and will include icing and an assortment of toppings to decorate with.
- NOTE: our kitchen is not a dedicated allergy friendly kitchen, however every effort will be made to avoid cross contamination by baking seperatly and properly cleaning equipment.
- Cost of meals and cocktails are not included, but expect plenty of holiday themed specials along with our traditional brunch and full menu for dine-in or takeout.
- The sensory friendly portion of the event will take place before the restaurant officially opens to the public and will be at a lowered capacity to allow for distancing and noise control.
- The music will be lowered and the TVs will be set to calming programming.
- Please feel free to dress in your favorite holiday attire, festive pajamas or whatever works for your family.
- Between Covid, seasonal flu and the unpredicable nature of the special needs life, we understand if you can’t make it during the set time frame. If that happens, just give the restaurant a call to arrange a time for your cookie kit to be available for pickup, drive-through style.
- A portion of the proceeds will help support The Autism Community Connection, a local non-profit that serves individuals with autism and their families, in and around the Johnson County area, by connecting them with community resources, social events, and enriching programs to help navigate their autism journey.
- If you would like do donate to this cause or help sponsor the event, please contact email@example.com