When you have multiple kids, it can be tough to make sure the little ones are still engaged and get plenty of quality play time. Here are some great places in Indianapolis to get in a little playtime or just a date with mom or dad while older siblings are at school.
- The Urban Chalkboard is a great place to meet friends for coffee while the little ones get to play. The space is small enough to easily keep an eye on everyone, but large enough to encompass a wide array of imaginary play. Plus there are daily classes, so make sure to check out the calendar to see what’s going on.
- Introduce your little one to animals with a stop at Pet Smart to see the fish; Uncle Bills for bunnies, birds, reptiles and other unusual pets; Bird Fever for exotic birds; and Rural King for chicks.
- Indulge at some of Indy’s best donut shops.
- Attend story time at, Kids Ink, Barnes and Noble, Pottery Barn or your local library.
- Sign up for a fitness class or enroll in one of Gymboree’s many programs, which come with an extra open gym session.
- Check out Toddler Time at Skyzone where admission is reduced to just $8 and there’s no threat of running into the big kids.
- Stop by for feeding day in the Nature Center at Holiday Park on Wednesdays at 10:30 am. During this Beastly Brunch, kids can watch staff feed the animals and learn a bit about their diet. Then follow it up with some interactive play in Habitat Hall.
- Fundamentals by Wright’s has locations in Westfield, Greenwood, and Centre Grove that offer open gym times every day throughout the week and is great for even the littlest guests.