Tis the season for a calendar full of family fun. We have so many great activities going on around town, it’s almost impossible to pick just a few to showcase. Through New Year’s we’ll have themed posts coming out to tell you everything you need to know about celebrating the holidays in Indy. So make sure to visit often and follow us on Facebook to stay in the know.
For now, here are 30 things to do in December.
- Get cozy around the Campfire at Holliday Park.
- In Taking Down Anxiety, the Young Actors Theater will present a show at the Central Library with real life stories of overcoming anxiety.
- Experience what the 1888 Election Day was like for the Harrison family as they learn whether they will be the newest occupants of the White House.
- The International Festival comes to the Indiana Fair Grounds.
- Sign your kids up for Beginning Archery at Holiday Park.
- Get into the holiday spirit with Family Day at Newfields.
- Step back in time with a Live Christmas Celebration at the Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site.
- Celebrate at the Rathskeller’s St. Nikolaus Fest.
- Create a Gingerbread House at Broad Ripple Park.
- Check out the Jolly Days Extravaganza at the Children’s Museum.
- Get a jump on holiday baking with Family Cooking Night at the Irsey Family YMCA.
- Join the Winter Solstice Celebration at Newfields.
- Celebrate Kwanza at the Central Library Branch.
- Countdown to Noon at the Children’s Museum, or the State Museum.
- Enjoy Cookies and Cocoa with Santa at Natural Valley Farm.
- Don’t miss the Avon Tree Lighting.
- Celebrate Christmas in Brownsburg with the annual Christmas Under the Stars Parade and Light Show.
- Don’t miss Christmas at the Orchard with Beasley’s Orchard.
- Learn about Holidays Around the World with the Danville Library.
Head down to Franklin for the 2018 Holiday Lighting.
Take a step back in time with the Victorian Christmas Celebration in Mooresville.
Don’t miss KiD CiTY Christmas in Greenwood.
Check out Virtual Reality with Oculus Go at the White River Library.
Watch the Candy Canes Being Made at the Martinsville Candy Kitchen.