From the brand new Community CampOut, to your old favorites like the Fall Concert Series, Monster Mash, and the Halloween Parade; Greenwood has the best Fall Family Events!
Greenwood Fall Concert Series
September 24-October 15
On Saturdays through October 15, hundreds of Greenwood residents, visitors, and their families gather with lawn chairs, blankets, and snack-filled coolers to enjoy live performances spanning a variety of musical genres. Amphitheater in Craig Park.
Concerts take place at the Greenwood Amphitheater in Craig Park.
Information and Rules
- All concerts begin at 6 pm.
- Coolers are allowed into the Amphitheater but must be single-handled and no more than 20 inches in length.
- All coolers must enter through the designated gate located at the top of the Amphitheater stairs.
- Outside alcohol and anything in a glass container is strictly prohibited and subject to confiscation upon inspection.
Movies in the Park
Friday, September 8, 2023 – Lightyear
Friday, September 29, 2023 – The Super Mario Bros Movie
Old City Park
Bring your chairs and refreshments and join us at the Amphitheater for family movies in September and October. These are free to attend and when the sun goes down, the movie starts.
Join us at Old City Park!
Friday, September 8 – Lightyear
Friday, September 29 – The Super Mario Bros Movie
Thank you to our partners:
Williams Comfort Air ~ Mr Plumber ~ Regal Cinemas
Saturday, September 16, 2023
We are excited about our inaugural community campout on Saturday, September 16th located in Freedom Park. What a great way to kick off the Fall Season! We encourage you to be a part of this new tradition at Freedom Park.
Agenda for the Community CampOut
3 pm – Check-in begins at the Freedom Park shelter – Pick up wrist-bands (each person in your family needs a wristband in order to identify them as part of the event for food and activities) and event welcome bag (the welcome bag will include a welcome gift, the event schedule, and map layout for the event)
3-5 pm – Campsite Setup – Tent and Site Setup. Decorate your tent for the Tent Decorating Contest.
5-7 pm – Activity Time – Playground, Kickball Game, lawn games, fishing derby with Clint Kowalik, and much more
7-8 pm – Dinner – Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Potato Salad, Chips, Drinks brought to you by Smokehouse Catering.
8 pm – Campfire/Smores – Bonfire brought to you by Greenwood Fire Foundation.
8:30-10:15 pm – The Bad Guys on the inflatable Movie Screen
10:15-11 pm – Free Time: Glow Stick Fun, Organized Game, Free time to enjoy fire
11:30 pm – Everyone in their tents – All families must be in tents for the night
8-10 am – Doughnuts and tent break down/site clean up
- No RV’s or campers will be allowed. Tents Only – Tent locations are first come/first serve
- A parent or guardian must stay on the site with their family all night. You will be required to sign in and designate the adult who is staying on the site.
- Families are encouraged to stay all night, however if a family chooses to leave the campsite early for whatever reason, they may do so, but must notify event staff before departing the park.
- No individual ground fires/campfires allowed. We will have a campfire proved by the Greenwood Fire Foundation.
- No outside grills allowed
- No consumption of alcohol or use of tobacco products allowed on park property.
Friday, October 21, 2023
Every Halloween, Greenwood trick-or-treaters don their costumes for a spooktacular celebration. Monster Mash highlights include trick or treating, music, food, and much more.
The event is free and general public access will start at 6 pm and run until 8:30 pm. There will be Trick or Treating along the trail and a Hayride. Parking will be available at the corner of Meridian St. and Surina Way, as well the Craig Park parking lot off of Smith Valley.
VIP Tickets Available
Tickets are just $5 per person and are first-come, first-serve. They will not be available on the day of the event. VIP wristbands will be available for pickup at the community center the week of October 18th or at the “will call” table the day of the event. VIP wristbands get you early admission to the trick-or-treat trail, hayride, and a hot dog dinner. Children 1 and up will need a ticket.
Saturday, October 29, 2022
Join us for our Halloween Parade through downtown Greenwood! Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 5 pm.
All Ages are welcome! Wear your costumes and line the street along the ROUTE for a parade of Trick or Treating or be a part of the parade!
All events are subject to change based on state and local health department guidelines and mandates related to COVID-19.