There’s no question that The Waterpark is one of the best places to spend time in the summer. Central Indiana’s premier waterpark is a part of the Monon Community Center in Carmel.
The Waterpark in Carmel
The park-like atmosphere at this waterpark is one of the unique features that sets The Waterpark apart from others. There are trees and native plants growing, butterflies flittering from bloom to bloom. Beyond the beautiful setting, there are so many things to do.
Things to do at the Carmel Waterpark
Design rules at The Waterpark—there are many unique activity areas throughout the venue.
- The waterslide zone with two large waterslides—one body slide and one tube slide.
- A deep pool with the super fast, short slide that plunges riders deep underwater and a super fun aquatic climbing wall.
- A kiddie pool area that’s fenced in. This area has a small activity playground and splashing sprinklers.
- An activity pool area with a giant water playground with slides, games and water spraying everywhere.
- The lap pool is great for practicing those swimming skills or just relaxing with your friends.
- FlowRider: This hot spot is where guests can learn to surf on a simulated experience. Sign your FlowRider waiver in advance.
- Lazy river: grab a tube and float through a river of native grasses, falling water, and relaxation.
Carmel Waterpark Hours
The outdoor water park at Monon Community Center (MCC) is open from 11 am-7 pm daily, May 29-August 9, 2021. August 10-September 6, visit Saturday and Sunday, 11 am-6 pm.
Carmel Waterpark Admission
Members of the Monon Community Center receive complimentary admission to The Waterpark. Daily admission is $12 for adults (16-64 years), $9 for youth (3-15 years), $9 for seniors (65+ years) and children 2 and under are free with adult admission. Season passes are also available for The Waterpark.
2021 Waterpark Updates
- As always, safety is a priority. Social distancing markers in place. Guests who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to wear masks while not actively eating/drinking or swimming. Staff who are not fully vaccinated will wear masks unless actively lifeguarding.
- Lazy river is opening! Self-sanitizing stations are available for guests to clean their inner tubes before and after use.
- Life vests are also available for guests to use with self-sanitizing stations for guests to clean their life vests before and after use.
What to Bring to The Waterpark
The biggest change is that lawn chairs aren’t available this summer. However, you are allowed to bring your own. You can even bring along a blanket to lay in the grass.
Is there food at the Monon Community Center Waterpark? You bet! You’ll smell burgers being grilled as you walk up to the park and the prices are reasonable. Enjoy summer favorites like hot dogs and ice cream. Guests are permitted to bring their own food and beverages to The Waterpark with the exception of glass or alcohol.
Bring your own towel, sunscreen, and sunglasses. Life jackets are available for use, but you are welcome to bring your own US Coast Guard approved life jacket.
The cabanas at the Waterpark are a comfortable space to set your things down, relax in the shade, store food and drinks, and just enjoy time with your friends and family. Each cabana is equipped with a ceiling fan, radio volume control, a cushioned chaise lounge, three cushioned chairs, electrical outlets, end tables, a cooler, and a lockable cabinet. When we have a cabana rental, we place a catering order with Chik-fila and bring fruit trays and veggie trays and fill the cooler with Capri-Suns and soft drinks. It’s so much fun!
Cabanas are available for advance rental. These go quick, so make sure to visit carmelclayparks.com soon to reserve one for your visit. Daily rates are $69 on weekdays and $99 on weekends. Admission is not included.
Birthday Parties at the Carmel Waterpark
Birthday parties at the Waterpark are a lot of fun and a great deal! Rent the Patio at The Waterpark for $200 for a three hour period. Decorate the shaded patio how you like, bring in your own food AND the rental fee includes 10 Youth Passes and 4 Adult Passes. You’ll be able to purchase additional passes for your guests at the regular admission rate.
1411 E 116th