Indianapolis has the best splash pads and spray parks and probably the most! A splash park is typically a concrete pad with motion activated sensors that release streams of water, fountains and mists for kids to “walk” through.
Throughout the day you’ll hear squeals of delight and surprise as the patterns shift and soak unsuspecting children (and adults). Some spray parks are located within the gates of aquatic centers and outdoor pools, but as far as I know, the ones you’ll see mapped below are free. The spray parks are unmonitored and without a lifeguard at all times so please be sure to watch over your own kids. Young children (age 9 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
Click the interactive map below for the name of the splash park nearest you!
1. Andrew Ramsey Park – 310 W. 42nd Street
2. Broadway & 61st Park – 6051 N. Broadway Street
3. Arsenal Park – 1400 E. 46th Street
4. Bowman Park – 3600 Auburn Road
5. Centennial & Groff Park – 2300 Centennial
6. Christian Park – 4200 English Avenue
7. Haughville Park – 500 N. Belleview Place
8. Windsor Village Park – 6510 E. 25th Street
9. Municipal Gardens – 1831 Lafayette Road
10. Clayton & LaSalle Park – 401 S. LaSalle Street
11. Grassy Creek Park – 10510 E. 30th Street
12. Riverwood Park – 7201 Crittenden Avenue
13. Washington Park – 3130 E. 30th Street
14. Wes Montgomery Spray Park – 3501 N. Hawthorne Lane 15. Willard Park & Pool *(free when pool is closed) – 1901 E. Washington 16. Stout Field Park
Beautiful Natural Looking Water Features
17. West Park in Carmel – 2700 W 116th Street, Carmel
18. Lawrence W. Inlow Park in Carmel – 6310 E. 131st Street, Carmel
19. Billericay Park – 12690 Promise Road, Fishers
20. Dillion Park – 6001 Edenshall Lane, Noblesville
26. Greenwood City Center Park – 415 Lincoln Street, Greenwood
27. Blue River Memorial Park, Shelbyville – 725 Lee Blvd, Shelbyville
Free With Admission
28. Moorseville Aquatic Center* (free when pool is closed for the season) – 1101 Indianapolis Rd, Mooresville
29. Conner Prairie River Crossing Area* (FREE with admission) – 13400 Allisonville Rd, Fishers
30. Indianapolis Zoo* (FREE with admission) – 1200 W Washington St
31. Forest Park – 701 Cicero Rd., Noblesville
My name is Katy Mann, and I'm the creator of Indy with Kids. With over 10 years of experience working with children, and my excitement towards the great city of Indianapolis; I offer readers guidance about great events and activities to do around Indianapolis with their kids and grandchildren. Join us on our family travels and adventures across the country!