The sweltering heat of summer is beginning to break and the air is crisp. We have apples and pumpkins, hayrides and corn mazes. Fall is here and we have a calendar full of fun family activities to help you enjoy everything Indy has to offer. It was really hard to narrow it down, but here are a few picks for the month of October:
- Sign your little one up for the Junior Jungle Preschool Program at the Indianapolis Zoo.
- Dress in your Halloween best for Family Fright Night at the Indiana State Museum.
- Don’t miss Fall Fest and Family Day at Newfields.
- Bring your curious explorer to A Cemetery Hunt for Kids at Crown Hill Cemetery.
- Visit the Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site to experience The (White) House of Horrors.
- Jam with Mr. Daniel at the Urban Chalkboard.
- Celebrate Science at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
- Learn African Drumming at Washington Park.
- Don’t miss Friday Night Hoots at Eagle Creek Park.
- Decorate a Halloween Gingerbread House at Broad Ripple Park.
- Feast with the Witches at the Children’s Museum.
- Step back in time with the Indiana Renaissance Faire at Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center.
- Check out some Nocturnal Animals at Cool Creek Nature Center.
- Get out your favorite cozy sweater for a Fireside Tales in Westfield.
- Explore the world of Fall Flower Fairies with the Zion Nature Center.
- Check out a performance of The Addams Family: A Musical for the Whole (Creepy) Family at the Cat Theater.
- Celebrate Indy’s favorite Poet at the Riley Festival in Greenfield.
- Celebrate Halloween with a Family Arts Worship with Greenfield Parks.
- Parents are invited to a showing of Screenagers followed by a Q&A at Hancock County High School.
- Join Hancock Regional Hospital for a Hank’s Halloween Spooktacular.
- Enjoy a Free Family Movie and Dinner with Beech Grove Parks.
- Take advantage of Kids Night Out at the Baxter YMCA.
- Celebrate Halloween at the Monster Mash with Greenwood Parks and Rec.
- Put on your creepiest costume and take part in a fun Halloween celebration at Garfield Park.
- Join the Martinsville Community Band for an evening of Chillers and Thrillers.
- Save some cash at the Here We Grow Again – Indy West Kid’s Consignment Sale at the Hendricks County Fairgrounds.
- Join the Brownsburg Police for a Night Out Against Crime.
- Build a Scarecrow Feeder at Sodalis Nature Park.
- Don’t miss The Smiley Morning Show Pumpkin Drop at The Shops at Perry Crossing.
- Celebrate with Washington Township at the Ghosts and Goblins Halloween Party.