Most schools are back in session, but it’s still summer out there!! Here are few ways to squeeze every last drop out of summer!
- You loved picking strawberries and blueberries mid-summer, it’s not too late! Red raspberry picking is going strong at, one of our favorites, Spencer Farms in Noblesville.
- Bike riding is one of my all time favorite summer activities and you may have enjoyed the Indy Criterium and Mass Ave Criterium but have you tried the Tour de Coops? Held on September 20th you can ride around Midtown and see 12 of the finest urban chicken coops in Indy! $5 in advance, $10 day of the event – kids free!
- Did you get out creek stomping this summer?? If not, there’s still time! Go on your own or join in the fun at Holliday Park on September 13th for their family creek stomp. Wear clothes you don’t mind getting wet and muddy! $5 per person, ages 2+
- Ice cream and s’mores. They are summer musts. Obviously there’s still time to do it at home – but we love people watching and grabbing ice cream on the Monon at BRICS. They have great ice cream AND a s’mores roasting kit that you can do at your table!
- Camping and hiking are musts, as well. With Indiana State Parks offering campers a 20% discount on weeknight camping through November 4th you definitely have time to take advantage of this summer favorite!
For more ideas and articles about how to make the most of each day in Indy with you family check us out at IndywithKids.com and on Facebook!
As seen on Indy Style (WISHTV). Photos and videos by IndyStyle.